Thursday, November 12, 2009

shaving day. . .

Yeah as soon as i am done with this i am goin to go shave. Not sure if i will leave a goat or stash, or even a tickler, but the bulk is coming off.

So the Marine Corps Birthday was good, for the most part. I HAD to go to class cuz i had 2 exams and a lab. I didnt wanna go, i woulda rather gone and golfed but i didnt have the pleasure. So the tests werent so bad, and the lab didnt take but an hour. I met James up at Outback Steak House and we ate some steak. I got a 20 oz T-Bone and he got a 16 oz Ribeye i think. They were awesome. We talked bout the Corps and whats goin on now. It was a good nite. I miss the Corps alot, but i dont miss babysitting and the deployments. I was thinking bout it, and i know i should think bout it more often than just veterans day and Marine Corps bday, but i really dont have it so bad. I am not deployed, i am not having to carry my rifle everywhere i go, not having to worry bout getting in a fire fight, none of that anymore. The things i am worring about are rediculas. Well i am starting from scratch with a new attitude, well trying anyways. I still want to say Happy 234th Birthday Marines, thank you all, Semper Fidelis.

Veterans day rocked! Best day i have had in a long time. It was a long day but great. I went to go see my cousin Natalie at her school and i was her show and tell for veterans day. She is a spittin image of her mom, and she is just so funny. We talked and she told me all bout trick or treating and how her school works. She is in a Spanish imersion (sp?) program. Right now 90% of her curriculum is in spanish, in Kinder! They start to scale it back, but Spanish instruction is mixed in from kinder thru 9th grade. It was really cool to see. She showed me her spot on the reading mat and her desk and then they showed me how they do motor skills practice. I really enjoyed it and wish i coulda stayed all day. After that i figued since i was over on the El paso side of town that i would go see MFC (my favorite cousin). I t was a good visit and got to catch up with her. Faye came in to get her hair cut so i got to talk to her and it was really nice seeing them somewhere other than once a year that the 4th of July. After visiting with the for a few hours i went and played golf with the John Mouton. Tang and i went and played at Willow Springs by the ATT Center. I really played well. I am trying to get a handicap establised so i am counting every shot and not taking muligans. I shot a 92. I was really please. My drives werent as straight as i woulda liked, but i didnt lose a single ball. My putting was spot on too. I didnt have a single 3 put. I am really amazed at how well i am playing since i had my clubs regriped. So after golf i figured i would go play some cards and round out the day with my poker friends. Sure nuff we had fun. I played the 530 game and got knocked out, but it gave me time to eat, and then played the 800 game. I got knocked outta that one too, but at least the company was good. Crystal showed up and we all had fun.

Needless to say it was a great couple days. I really enoyed it and see that i need to do that more. Get out and go have some fun. Lets see if i cant remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment